Donate to Our Collection
Do you have something you'd like to donate?
The Old State House Museum has relied on the kindness of donors since it was founded in 1947. This is especially true of our collections, because we have limited funds for purchasing artifacts.
If you have something you'd like to donate, we'd like you to take a minute to read our mission statement below. It will help you to better understand our collecting focus.
The mission of the Old State House Museum Collection Department is to identify, collect, preserve, interpret, and disseminate materials and information pertaining to the history of Arkansas from statehood in 1836 until the present.
Here are some of the things that we collect:
- Artifacts associated with the Old State House Building (photos, documents, furniture, etc.)
- Artifacts associated with the First Families of Arkansas
- Arkansas Political Memorabilia
- Civil War Battle Flags
- Quilts by Black Arkansans
- Arkansas Art Pottery (Camark, Niloak, and Ouachita)
- Artifacts associated with Arkansas entertainers
- Artifacts assocatied with the Arkansas State Police
- Artifacts assocaited with the Arkansas Department of Corrections
To make an offer of Donation
If you have an Arkansas item you think might be appropriate for our collections, please contact the museum's curator at 501-324-8637 or 501-683-5900 or send an email.
If you prefer to write please address you letter to:
Old State House Museum
300 West Markham
Little Rock, AR 72201
Staff must evaluate all items offered to the Old State House Museum before formally accepting them for our collection. The evaluation process can take up to a month to complete. The more information you are able to provide us on the history of the item, the faster we will be able to complete the evaluation process. Once we decide to add your item to our collection, we will send you a gift agreement to sign and return. This transfers ownership of the item to the Old State House Museum.